Sunday, November 11, 2018

Little Solar Update

I've been using a 50 watt solar panel to keep the batteries topped up. This weekend I decided to put up one of the 100 watt panels on the side.

I first drilled a couple holes for the little kick stand that helps keep the panel positioned. I first setup the panel to the outside of the stanchion as it normally would but since I'll still be in the yard awhile, I turned it around so the panel would mainly be over the boat.



Normal setup

Still well inside of the hull side


While set for charging normally



This is where I turned it around



View from the cockpit
So far I really like how this is looking. I'm happy I chose this position for a solar setup. I'll still have to put up one on the port side. This would do well for a cruising setup.

3 comments:

  1. Dan, good to see you back on the map again. Did you purchase the panels already fitted in those frames? I suppose too that you winterized your diesel. I've not done anything with solar yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I log on to your new stuff like every week. Your humoristic style is witty, keep it up Zonnepanelen installateur

    ReplyDelete
  3. These thoughts just blew my mind. I am glad you have posted this. Zonnepanelen installateur

    ReplyDelete