Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Main Halyards

Worked on some line for halyards. Needed eye splices and whipping twine to finish things up. I had bought 180ft of New England Ropes VPC at 3/8" that I intended to make two halyards from. I put an eye splice on each end, then when laying it out, cut it in half and then cleaned up the ends. Now have main halyards installed and jib halyards ready to go. I'll use all four sheeves at the mast head.

cut/burned the ends

main halyards installed

before whipping twine
I also installed the outhaul setup I put together into the boom. I'm thinking I may have to redo a little bit of it, but otherwise, it seems good so far. I'll have to see how it works out once the mast is up on the boat.

Weather got cold again so anything else I'm doing on the boat will be on hold or very slow moving. Sure hope it warms up soon so I can get back to work on major projects.