Thursday, December 19, 2019

Mast raising prep

Moved the mast forward on the bow to do a dry run looking things over. It gave me a good idea of what I needed to do to get things ready to try raising it myself.




Would still need to go forward another 5-6'

Need to figure a way to lift the spreaders and light over the forward mount.


Mainsheet was 65'(right), new one on the left is 90'

There's a couple things I need to think over. The mast is heavy for lifting myself but I need to think of how the mast will be lifted for the spreaders and the light to go over the forward mount. During the dry run, I put a line over the bottom part to keep it from lifting too high. I bought a longer line for the mainsheet that will be used to raise the mast. I can still keep the shorter one as a working line while actually out on the water.



No comments:

Post a Comment