Sunday, August 14, 2016

Insulation

It's been getting pretty hot lately. Even on the boat with the AC unit I installed, it still gets a little toasty.

I saw another Nor'sea owner install insulating material on his boat. I've also talked to others who have done the same. Went to the local Home Depot and picked up some Reflectix reflective insulation.

Just putting my hand against the hull early this morning, I could feel quite a bit of heat. Direct sunlight on the boat hull can still warm things up, even with AC.

I was able to easily cut the insulation and place it against the hull. Near the chainplates, I was able to get a couple layers. Other areas forward of the chainplates, I was able to squeeze in a third layer. I can still feel a little heat coming through but certainly better than going without. Better still when the wood slats are back in place.


This could be something to consider in keeping your boat cooler in these hotter temperatures.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment