It's been quite some time since I've been able to do any work on Rhapsody. This weekend has been very busy doing work around the house. I've been cleaning stuff up and throwing stuff I don't need out.
Today, I made time to clean up the handrails I brought back to the house. I pulled out an electric sander to help a little. Below is a picture of what the old varnish looked like, a bare piece and a piece with a couple coats of varnish. The piece in the middle I did some hand sanding and used the electric sander a little on a couple difficult spots that had turned grey. I'd say it's ready for the first coat or two of varnish. I started, but not finished removing old varnish from the other handrail. It's still going to take some time but it's well on it's way.
So far, I think things are looking pretty good. Once I get these rails back on the boat, I can get a survey and insurance and then a trip to the marina.