The last post, I mentioned how it looked like someone had hit the trailer, bending the fender. Well, it looks like it was hit again. Now it's starting to piss me off.
|compare this with last fender pic I posted|
I arrived around 930am, and went right to work. I have been waiting for good weather to start taking off the bottom paint. Got some protective gear to do the work and very thankful that I had it all too.
I put down some plastic to catch the chips of bottom paint.
I used a durable paint scraper to get the majority of the paint off. Still have a lot of work left to do but it's getting there.
|old repairs on port side near the rudder|
|port side: repairs needed|
|more needed repairs|
|Looking down port side|
|still have upper parts to remove|
|rudder will need some work too.|
It's a good thing I got the coveralls. That bottom paint dust gets everywhere. Unfortunately, as soon as I sat down, the paints rode up a bit. I'm 6'5" so not really made for my size. Not only that, the hood didn't stay on my head either so I had a blue neck too. At least the face mask kept anything from flying into my eyes or breathing it in. Very important there too. I used foot covers so that is why my socks look (but not) clean here.
|coverall pants rode up a bit|
The hose is held nicely in place. I still need to connect the hose to the head itself then it could be useable. I still think this head project turned out well.
Still some bottom paint need to be removed. it wasn't easy crawling around the trailer and working around the keel/mast. The roller are in the way too but I'm still doing what I can.